Unchooseable

There's beauty in the storm clouds 
And as rain falls and hits my face
Iam reminded of how many times
Your blessings have covered me
So abundantly you give me grace and mercy
Soaking me to my very core
Cuz I am in desperate need of all that You are
As I am trying to lay all of me down
So that you are the first thing that others see and not me
But in my selfishness I constantly take center stage
And ask for attention that was never mind to have
Cuz my life was bought at a hefty price
It is not my life to demand anything
I am the reason for Your gruesome death
You took the cross that was supposed to be mine
But in Your loving grace and kindness You stood
Stood between me and death and said I got this
I love you this much and I want you
You chose me when I was unchooseable
Called me out of the thick miry clay and said you
You are the one that I want and that I love
I am going to use you if you'll accept my gift of salvation
On that day my life was changed for the better
Sight came to my eyes and my chains fell
Forever free and chainless no longer bound
But free to chase after You the One who saved me
Resurrected my dead heart and gave me new life
And I am forever indebted to my Savior King

Comments