My Sin’s Stains


I humble myself before Your throne and bow before You
With my face to the floor I cry out to You Father
Too long I’ve left the controls in my own hands
And I have in my pride made decision for myself
Not consulting the Omnipotent One or relied on Your promises
I come running back to You will tear filled eyes
Forgive me Daddy for I allowed my selfish to blind me
What death and decay I found without You 
Like a child please open my ears to hear from You
And open my eyes to see the wonders of Your grace
Remind me of who I am and whose I am
This world has nothing good to offer me
I lay facedown and offer all of me back to You
Lord have Your way in my heart, mind and soul
Be the strength that I need and increase my boldness
This is my cry to walk with You and be near to You
never want to taste anything but Your goodness
Life is empty without Your constant love and peace
Too long Daddy was I away from You and too long did I fall
So quickly to a place where I didn’t recognize my own face
Because I didn’t see You when I looked in the mirror
A place and a face I never want to see again
I surrender and humbly lay me on the alter to be used by You
Use me refine me through the flame forgive me
Erase my sinful stains and cover me with Your grace
May I never ever be apart from You again

Comments