The Prodigal

Sweet Jesus I come before you and I want to thank you
For choosing a wretch like me to carry your Gospel
I’ve tasted the bitterness of the world and I don’t want it
But in You I have tasted of Your goodness and sweetness
You bring light and such radiant joy into my life
I once was so blinded in my sin that all I could was darkness
But like the prodigal son You waited patiently for my return
While I was still a far distance off You ran to me
And You embraced and welcomed me in Your family
You showed me grace when I deserved none
Wrapped me up in righteousness and called me worthy
Reminded me of all the things I am not who I was
Threw a feast in my honor to say welcome home my child
I was accepted for the first time in my whole life
Joy filled my heart as though it was starving for it
Love washed over me and I was made new
My past faded away and I was given hope and a future
What sweetness to be chosen and known by the Father
To be a part of a wonderful family of endless love
Blessings and promises were given in abundance
Never would I ever be alone again but He is always with me
That is what grace and mercy look like
Being pulled out of the deepest miry pit
And given freedom just because He loves me

Comments