In the Midst




Jesus I breathe You in and I breathe me out
I am reminded of my short comings and my doubt
Wanting all of You and none of me
In Your arms alone I find my strength to be
For my actions and motives are flawed
But in the waves of Your joy I am caught
I am reminded of Your love that overflows
I am loved by You even though You know
From the depth of my hearts I am sinful
I can do no good and its just that simple
No matter what I do I am selfish and heartless
In Your perfection You pulled me out of darkness
Took my place covered my sins with Your perfect blood
Replaced death with life surround me with peace and love
You choose to lavish me with blessings instead of death
Went to the cross saved me when You gave up Your last breath
I lay down all rights and lay down my over needy pride
Allow You full control and full say over every part of my life
I can do all things through Your strength and not my own
Give it all back to you I want Your will and myself I dethrone
You never give up on me or stop chasing me down
Wanting your daughter to swim and not to drown
Choose each day to pick up my cross and follow You
With every breath in my lungs it is You I want to give praise to
Cuz there's no King I would ever want to serve
You pulled me out from the grave that I deserved
Lord help me in my weakness to find Your strength
I am never alone You are closer than an arm's length
I can't go a single day without You in the midst
Cuz every second with You my Jesus is the absolute best

Comments