Deconstruction



Deconstruction

For years I had constructed my own path

I followed the ways that I thought best

Directed my life towards what I wanted

But my path led me straight to destruction 


I found depression as my destination

When I made all my own choices

With no purpose worth get up for

Found myself wandering about

But You my God called me out


No longer deep in my depression

Replaced my lacking with true purpose

Showed me the path You have for me

Gave me joy and peace to run with


Break me down

And build You up

Cut my wants off

Replace with Yours


Lord deconstruct my attitude 

And reconstruct Your will

Please tear down my plans

And begin to build up Your glory


God You are good and holy

You take my broken pieces

Put me together in Your name

In You I am made whole again


Comments