Running




Running

I am running to You Father with all my mess

Chains still being held tightly in my hand

Hair is frazzled and my clothes ripped in pieces

Shoes with toes sticking through the fabric 

With scars and bruises cover my body

Broken is an understatement of my current state

And my current state of mind pretty bleak

Pain and fear have become my closest friends

My head hanging in shame, hope has hit the floor

But when I find the strength to look up

I see my Father with arms wide open

You are calling me out of my brokenness

And You tell me that You accept me as I am

Chains, pains, and all You reach out to me

Pull me out of the miry clay and into Your arms

Embrace me and brush all the dirt off of me

I fall to my knees before You the Holy One

Begging for forgiveness and for Your help

You call me by name and say my blood covers

Your sins are no more chains have been broken

Look up child and see what I have done

You are no longer a slave to sin and death

But sweet freedom I have given unto you

Get up my daughter and walk in that freedom

Go and tell the world what I have done in

You were dead in your sin and now alive in Me

No longer broken or chained or bound

The end of your story no longer ends in death

But through my death and my resurrection 

You are now a recipient of eternal life

Life isn’t going to stop being messy and difficult 

But you are not alone because I am with you always

I will walk with you every step until we meet face to face 

Comments