Daily Pain

 


Daily Pain

I wake up with daily pains every morning

But I also am filled with great joy as well

How can pain and joy come every morning

I have pains from a hard days work and age

From my personal health issues and struggles

But I can look back over the course of pain

And see the many blessings I’ve been given

I can see the joy of looking more like Christ

In my pain I found deep desperation for Him

I pray more I read more and I seek more

My life has never had greater joy than now

My pain reminds me how much I need Jesus

And my time in the Word is such a sweet time

Whether pain be acute or chronic don’t waste it

See it as a daily reminder of your need for God

And as your opportunity to surrender your day

To give God glory in the midst of the struggle

In spite of the pain and the misery that comes

There’s still joy to be had in the midst of pain

Comments