But A Blink

 


Lord let this be my prayer today and every day

More of You and all that You are flowing out of me

Let people not see me but see God who loves them

With an unconditional love that surpasses understanding

True wisdom is knowing that I am nothing apart from You

And I want my life to shout that from the mountain top

Open my eyes to opportunities to serve those in my care

Allow me to speak from Your heart to the core of theirs

I want to be Your mouthpiece and Your hands and feet

May I seize every opportunity to point others to You

Life is but a blink but I want my blink to bring You glory

I have been given countless blessings and opportunities

Let me never take for granted the ministry given to me

You have given us a unique space to share You in our jobs

We have a full time ministry in work, marriage, parenting, etc

This life isn’t even mine but I was bought with a price

The highest of prices saved me when You took my place

How can I contain the joy that Your freedom brings

Such peace I feel knowing that my chains are broken

My feet can dance in the goodness of all that You are

Let others see You in me today and nothing else


Comments