Calm and Chaos

 


Look to You in the calm of the day and the chaos in the night

You've given me grace and mercy you've won my hearts fight

Surrender isn't something so easily given up for me

But in my lacking I find pain and misery

My desperation for you is like a runner out of breath

Because without You I am bound to eternal death


God I need You when life is in abundance

And when my joy seems to be in absence

Your beauty all around if I only open my eyes

I miss out on your opportunities cuz I'm blind

When I run out of reasons to forgive myself

You remind me of the price of me on the cross

You make the most broken pieces beautiful

And fill my empty moments and make them full


I am in desperation

In need of restoration

Lord intervene

I give myself in consecration

This life in dedication

Lord for Your glory


This life paid by Your life

Who am I to serve otherwise

Give all I am for You alone

Creator of brokeness whole

Show me ways to bring you praise

Comments